DesignerLogic is Project-based. Projects have Items (Products and Services) on them and they are attached to Proposals, Invoices, and/or Purchase Orders in any combination.
Each Project has a Dashboard where you can see all of the transactions, tasks, and notifications for it.
Create the Project first, then add Items to it.
An 'Item' is essentially a Product or Service. It can be a physical item, a labor or delivery charge, or something like a flat design fee.
BEFORE YOU START
- Set up Company
- On DesignerLogic's main page click Account menu (upper right) and go to Manage Account.
- Upload a Logo for your company.
- Adjust your Ship Address to display what you want for purchase order default ship to addresses.
- Adjust your Print Footer to display what you want on printout footers.
- Set up Staff
- On DesignerLogic's main page click Account menu (upper right) and go to Users.
- Enter each Staff person who will be using DesignerLogic.
- NOTE: if your Subscription doesn't allow enough Subscribers for all your staff you can change it in Manage Account where you uploaded a logo.
- Check Default Settings
- On DesignerLogic's main page click Account menu (upper right) and go to Settings.
- Edit your SalesCodes list. SalesCodes are categories for Items/Work.
- Enter the Tax Rates for the locations of your projects. You can enter multiple tax rates.
- Edit the Areas Default List. This list will populate each new Project (you can customize the Areas list for each particular Project after it is created).
- Edit the Terms & Conditions for your Proposals, Invoices, and Purchase Orders.
- Naming Conventions
- Decide how you want to name Projects (i.e. "Jack and Jill Smith House" for a client with a single project or "Vanguard Hotels: Downtown" and "Vanguard Hotels: Beach" for clients with multiple projects).
- DesignerLogic will auto-number Proposals, Invoices, and Purchases Orders but if you have your own numbering system you can use that instead.
- Add Suppliers
- Enter your Suppliers in the Suppliers section or as you create Items.
- Contact Us to arrange uploading your Supplier list from an excel sheet (no charge).